Monday, December 21, 2009

The time is near...

Well, here is sit the day before my lab exam. In a little more than 24 hours, I will have completed my second lab attempt, my first crack at the 4.0 blueprint. I certainly hope to be victorious! I took a little different approach this time around. For my last attempt, I got into RTP early, and just kind of vegged out all day watching TV. This time around, I'm spending some time on INE's OEQ engine, as well as reading some DocCD. The old saying is if you are not ready the day before, than you are not ready. Well, I don't think this is really the case. For me, I am finding it beneficial to read up on the items I am weak on, or things I have no experience with. Items such as IPv6 unicast, fallback bridging and SRR queuing.

Now, I am not over studying, just some light reading to make me feel more comfortable. I also feel this is necessary because I didn't quite have as much time as I would have liked to prepare for this attempt. None the less, I still feel prepared and ready. My nerves are still going this time, just like they were last time. I guess the only difference is, I know that if I do not pass, that it is not the end of the world. I will just pick my self back up, dust my self off, and get right back at it.

I spend the better part of the last three days reading and labbing OER/PfR. Now, I am not going to say I am an expert, but like anything, once you understand the concept and familiar yourself with the commands, it all kind of comes together. I feel confident in that if I see OER on my exam, I wont be surprised or scared. I also did some reading on IPv6 multicast today. If you know IPv4 multicast, IPv6 multicast will be cake. There are some differences in the technologies and how they work, but for the most part, it's not all that difficult.

I believe I've done enough studying for the day. I may take a few more OEQ quizzes, but that would be it. I am now going to veg out, watch some TV, get some rest, and then wake up tomorrow and give this exam hell. Wish me luck everyone - I'll post my results regardless tomorrow night.

_matt

1 comment: