Monday, February 8, 2010

VCP - Done! On to the CCIE...

Well, last Thursday I took the VMware VCP-410 exam. I am happy to admit that I passed! I couldn't be happier as this is yet another item to add to my resume, makes me more valuable to my company and most of all - provides me some sense of accomplishment! Unfortunately, failing the CCIE lab twice kind of brought my spirits down. Now that I have completed my VCP training and certification - I'm moving full speed ahead with my CCIE. After my CCIE, I will be working on my Citrix CCEE certification....

My lab date is scheduled for July. I feel this should give me plenty of time to prepare. I am going to start with INE workbook volume 1. These are very technology focused and should firm up any week areas. I plan to mix in one lab from volume 2 and volume 3 once a week. I really think I need more time doing full labs to help prepare me for the actual lab. Of course, I will be mixing in DocCD reading every week. As I get close, I plan to mix mostly workbook 3 and workbook 4 with my DocCD reading. I also have the lasted Narbik workbooks and I plan to mix that in a bit as well.

Spent the week getting my servers re-provisioned for Linux and dynamips. I finally have my servers setup and plan to get some lab time in this week while I am away from home. I plan to start off slow. I want to be careful about overwhelming myself this time. I am determined but I don't want to burn out too soon. I am also going to try and be more study-conscious and post technical details here in the blog. Hopefully this will help me out, while helping other people out!

No comments:

Post a Comment