Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Frame Relay Labs

Well - I've just finished up the first round of the Frame Relay labs. Nothing really threw me for a loop except for the Frame Relay switching part. I was just reading too much into it and adding WAY too many commands. I've got some DocCD reading to finish up today, but other than that - it's going to be an early day for me. I am really liking how things are progressing. I should finish up Frame Relay this week (maybe even tomorrow) and rip into OSPF next week.

I'm feeling more and more confident as the days pass - but I figured a little "good luck" can never hurt - so I'm growing a beard. The beard will remain until I pass my CCIE. I figured, Hey, this works for athletes right?

Also got some good news today. I passed my EIQ SecureVue examination. So I am now EIQ SecureVue certified! Yay! Now, exactly how far will this get me in the world? I have no idea. But hey, it never hurts to add another certification to your list of achievements!

Here is a good tip - IP Expert released a pretty nice Core Knowledge Simulator. One of the best features is it has 100 questions and it is totally free. I've been firing it up once per day just to stay sharp. I also take a few notes every day for things to look up in the DocCD. Like most of these simulators, your answers have to be exact. Minor pain-in-the-ass, but hey, you will know if you got the answer right or not, and that is all that matters. I've been scoring well on anything that isn't a 'timers' related question and most of those just have to be memorized.

Well, that is all I have for now. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment