Monday, April 6, 2009

Back at it again...

Well studying has not quite progressed as well as I wanted to after returning from my first boot camp session. Generally, I was a little burned out the week after boot camp, and then last week I had to travel to Boston to attend training on EIQ SecureVue. Great product, but unfortunately has little to do with CCIE!

So, I got back at it today. Re-visiting the RIP and EIGRP labs. I feel much better going through the labs a second time. I was able to just rip through the labs, without checking the answers or consulting the DocCD. This is exactly what Narbik's materials teach you. By cutting the lab into sections, and really focusing on those technologies, you learn the protocols inside and out. After I have completed all of the workbooks, then I should be able to attack some mock labs with 100% confidence on the core topics.

Tomorrow, I will finish up the remaining EIGRP lab (it's a big one - 20+ tasks!) and then switch over to Frame Relay for the rest of the week. Hopefully I can complete Frame Relay this week, and really focus on OSPF for the next week. Wow - time really flies as the my next boot camp session is approaching in a mere four weeks. I certainly haven't covered as much as I would have hoped between sessions, but I simply cannot pass up a free re-take of the CCIE bootcamp. Hopefully I will cover all of the RIP/EIGRP/FR/OSPF/BGP labs before the next re-take. I am also expecting some updated materials and the mock lab from Narbik when I attend the boot camp again in May.

Wow...I'm really starting to love this shit...If anyone out there is interested, I am attending the boot camp on May 4-8, 2009 in Columbia, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment