Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So soon?

Well, it's official. I will be attempting version 4 before the end of the year. My employer has a need for another CCIE before years-end. I was one of the ones asked to take on this endeavor. I was asked because I've already attempted once, and I am one of the few in such a situation to take the 4.0 lab(I just re-attended Narbik's latest bootcamp).

My lab date is scheduled for December 22nd. Now although I was never anticipating taking the lab this soon, I feel pretty good about it. The configuration portion is still there. I just need to really focus on VPNv4, BGP, MPLS and troubleshooting. I think if I can nail those down, I've got a good shot. I can't forget though that the 4 OEQ's are still there.

So I am spending about 6-8 hours a day banging out Narbik's new workbooks (which are excellent). Hopefully he releases his troubleshooting workbook soon so that I may work on that as well. I intend to take a few graded mock labs before my exam, to see what different vendors can throw at me.

Well, that is my big news! Wish me luck, and maybe the proctors will be a christmas giving mood ;-)

1 comment:

  1. All te best mate !!

    --ccie-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete