Saturday, December 19, 2009

Troubleshooting

Well, yesterday I finally finished Narbik's 2.0 workbook. Overall, I give the workbook high marks. What it does cover, it covers inside and out. There are a few items that I wish were covered and I have mentioned those before. I also wish it included the mock lab and the troubleshooting lab. Narbik said these items would be ready, but I have yet to receive them or an announcement about their availability. I completed MPLS yesterday. MPLS was both fun and exciting. I truly do appreciate learning new things, especially when I can lab it up and see how it works step-by-step. I feel fairly confident that I can excel at any MPLS tasks in the lab.

So today I am starting on Narbik's free troubleshooting lab. This will be the one and only troubleshooting lab I get my hands on before my lab on Tuesday. Considering I only have two abbreviated days of study left, I don't see how I would be able to touch much else anyway. I am truly excited about the troubleshooting lab. I work for Alltel in the WAN department for almost two years as a Telecom Network Analyst and my job depended on my troubleshooting skills. I am excited to see what these labs can throw at me.

I am feeling pretty good about Tuesday's lab. In case you had not heard, the very first person passed the CCIE R&S 4.0 lab this week. I knew it would only be a matter of time, but I am glad that someone finally passed. Maybe all these other CCIE candidates will quit bitching about how difficult this is and just hit the ground running. Then again, what do I care if people throw in the towel? It's not happening here. I have already guaranteed that I WILL have my CCIE in the 2010 no matter what.

Well, I guess less blogging more studying. More updates to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment