Friday, September 28, 2012

IPS and Volume 1 wrap-up

IPS

  • Initial setup can be completed via the setup command, or through standard configuration
    • conf t
    • service host
      • network-settings
  • Create an inline vlan pair through the interfaces configuration
    • conf t
    • service interfaces
      • physical-interfaces gi0/0
      • subinterface-type inline-vlan-pair
        • subinterface 1
          • vlan1 101
          • vlan2 102
      • admin-state enabled
  • You must then assign the interfaces to an analysis engine
    • conf t
    • service analysis-engine
    • virtual-sensor vs0
      • physical-interface gig0/0 subinterface-number 1
There was a lot more topics on IPS, but I didn't keep notes. Just FYI - I ended up buying at 4215 as I was having too much trouble with GNS3/Qemu/Breakout Switch. Not a bad investment at $60 and I was able to complete all the topics in Volume 1.

Now that I have completed Volume 1, it's time to move on to full labs. I've also rented rack time at INE for some of the previously mentioned tasks that couldn't be completed on emulated hardware.

I will revisit topics in Volume 1 if I encounter them the full labs and I am having issues completing the task. If I had more time, I would go through volume 1 again (or at least 50% of it). 

Here's hoping I can get my full lab topology setup fairly quickly....

No comments:

Post a Comment