Thursday, February 5, 2009

IPExpert Class On Demand Day 1

Well I tore into the IPExpert CoD today. It's a great product with lots of tips but can sometimes be a little light on specific details or examples. Here are a few of the tips I have picked up so far.

  • DTE cable is usually terminated at the customer end
  • DCE is usually terminated at the provider end and provides clocking
  • PVC Status of Inactive indicates an issue between FR switch and router
  • PVC Status of Deleted indicates an issue on the router
  • Point-to-point subinterfaces require frame-relay interface dlci command on only one side of the link.
  • I've mentioned it before, but I need to burn it into my skull. Be careful of Frame Relay network type mismatches with OSPF.
  • You cannot use map class with frame-relay map commands.
  • LMI is disabled with "no keepalive" command
  • There is no LMI when two FR routers are cabled back-to-back and must share the same DLCI.
  • Service udp small-servers required to enable TFTP server
  • PPPoFR uses virtual-templates
  • If using LFI, PPPoFR must be used, if fragmenting only, FRTS can be used.
I'll continue to post interesting tips as I come across them. After completing the IPExpert CoD, I intend to get back to the labs. I am going to try the Soup-to-nuts and Advanced Workbooks before jumping back to IEWB. During the labs, I am going to refer to the DocCD and IE Class-on-demand for specific topics that create trouble for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment