Friday, March 13, 2009

Narbik Bootcamp Day 4/Day 5

Some more notes for your enjoyment! Day four covered RIP and QoS. Again, both were covered very in-depth. And don't believe that RIP is an old, easy, simplistic routing protocol. Narbik is quick to point many of the nuances of RIP and it's versatility. Remember - the LAB isn't asking you how you do something, but they usually ask if you know the most CREATIVE way of doing something, just to make sure you are well versed in the topics.

The QoS lecture ran most of the day, but again, it was a great lecture. I can't say enough about it. Day five covers multicast and generally wrapping everything up. Narbik is going to let us know how to best attack the lab exam. He is going to give us his suggestion, and if we follow his suggestion, he suggests 70% of us will pass the CCIE on the first attempt. This is great news and I plan to follow his suggestion - whatever it may be, to a T. I am certainly focused on attaining the CCIE and I am not going to let anything stand in my way.

Narbik again suggests that EVERYONE attend his bootcamp a week or two before our lab. I am going to double-up on this suggestion. There is a bootcamp in Columbia, MD the first week of May. There is another bootcamp in Herndon, VA the month of July - right before my exam. Hopefully with three bootcamp sessions, and all my studies - I'll be one of those 7 out of 10 to past on the first try.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt,

    Nice blog! When you get a free minute, shoot me an email @ mdown@ipexpert.com -- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    You will see a different Boot Camp, i have added at least 3 hours of additional material to the lecture, make sure you stick to your plans.


    Narbik Kocharians

    ReplyDelete