Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wrapping up for the day..

Well, now that you all (all two of you I guess...) are caught up on my notes, I would like to reflect where I am at now in my studies. I have one section left in the Soup-to-Nuts workbook and that section is IPv6 which I feel fairly comfortable in. I should complete the IPv6 section tomorrow, which will leave me Thursday and Friday to kinda take a break. I'll be leaving for Narbik's bootcamp in Chicago on Sunday. With 50+ hours of dedicated study time next week during the bootcamp, I think a little break is in order.

With a little over two months into my CCIE studies, I would have to say that I feel better now than I did two months ago. I should say MUCH better. Things like redistribution, BGP, multicast and security are now better understood than they were two months ago. That being said, I know I still have a ways to go. I peeked at Narbiks "superlab" that is included with the Soup-to-nuts workbook and I immediately identified areas where I am still weak.

Hopefully the bootcamp will really drill some of these topics into my head. After I complete the bootcamp, I'll be hitting the Advanced Technologies workbooks from Narbik pretty hard. Hopefully after completing those, I can start taking a crack at full practice labs again. I still feel like I am on track for the July 27th test date. Narbik's got another bootcamp the week of July 20th in Herndon, VA (where my company is headquartered). My plan is to attend the bootcamp a second time right before the test on the 27th. The good thing about this is the 2nd boot camp attempt is free, and I can stay with my best friends in Alexandria, VA. My only cost will be gas.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. I'll be sure to post pertinent information from the bootcamp next week in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment